At PIONEER Construction, Inc. clients are treated to a unique partnership approach and are rewarded with a company that is committed to providing the experience, expertise and resources to ensure quality construction projects on schedule and within budget every time.
From the beginning, PIONEER has developed a reputation for dealing fairly and getting the job done right. Our skilled craftsmen and experienced team of professionals promise with each project to ensure client satisfaction through honesty and service after the sale.
PIONEER uses all available resources to provide our clients with a quality, professional product that they can be proud of. Our focus is customer satisfaction, and our ability to self-perform work during each project allows us to achieve this goal.
PIONEER utilizes state of the art technology to assist our estimators and project managers. This programming allows our team to seamlessly estimate, schedule and bill each project in an efficient and accurate manner.
From health care facilities to financial institutions, to manufacturing plants, PIONEER has the construction expertise to successfully complete any project. Include the highest financial and bonding credentials available and PIONEER is positioned to deliver all of the industry resources necessary for a successful construction project.
PIONEER is a locally owned small business committed to supporting WMBE firms in the Savannah area through sub-contractor and supplier opportunities.
PIONEER Construction…A Unique Approach to Building.
Pioneer Construction, Inc is a well-established General Contractor with more than 26 years serving the Savannah and Low Country area. We are committed to excellence and looking for like-minded individuals to support the continued growth of the company.
Brief: Pioneer Construction is seeking an organized problem-solver to join our team as our Project Accountant / bookkeeper. Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience with full-charge bookkeeping, in the construction or related industry. They will help our team ensure budgets, timelines, and job costs are accurate and will oversee all financial transactions for the company, including accounts payable and receivables, payroll, and bank reconciliation.
- Oversee all financial transactions including credit card and bank reconciliations, manage accounts payable and accounts receivable processes and preparation of financial reports
- Prepare certified payroll submittals.
- Perform extensive data entry to ensure all financial data is input accurately and timely into accounting software
- Update and maintain accurate financial records, contracts, annual budgets, tax reports, and financial statements
- Process invoices, waivers, checks, and payroll accurately and timely and resolve any invoice issues
- Safeguard the accuracy of the general ledger and journal entries, prepare balance sheets and various financial reports
- Assist with human resource responsibilities, including health insurance and retirement administration
- Perform other duties and related tasks on an ad-hoc basis.
- Associate’s or Bachelors degree in accounting, or business, or related field is preferred – high school diploma is required
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting or full-charge bookkeeping experience in the construction or related industry
- Exceptional organization, analytical, problem solving, and communications skills are required
- Ability to work with various teams within the Company (field and office) and meet strict deadlines
- Familiarity with construction accounting concepts, tax strategies, and best practices
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint) is required.
- Experience with Timberline/Sage accounting software a plus.
Pioneer Construction, Inc is a well-established General Contractor with more than 25 years serving the Savannah and Low Country area. We are committed to excellence and looking for like-minded individuals to support the continued growth of the company.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager. Primary responsibilities include providing overall direction and managing multiple projects of any level risk, scope and complexity, usually involving multiple craft disciplines; as well as developing new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, groups of Clients or geographical area. Works independently; subject to policies and general management direction. Provides guidance to lower level PMs on policies and procedures, where applicable. Responsible for budgeting, planning and scheduling, forecasting, collections, financial management, marketing/sales, client relations, and project technical support. Identifies and resolves technical/operational problems on projects. Develops standard operating procedures in line with company objectives.
The Project Manager will be the liaison between our clients and all stakeholders to coordinate project scopes, goals, deliverables and timelines. Proactively coordinate between our client and the owner to manage changes in scope, budget and schedule to ensure that the business value of the project is still achieved. Escalate issues and risks and proactively takes ownership for resolution. Track milestones and deliverables and provide regular status reporting to all levels of stakeholders.
The Project Manager will act as the primary contact for projects and on-going customer relationship. Advocates enhancements and customizations on behalf of the client and supports initiatives by understanding customer’s operations and challenges and recommends solutions, as needed.
- Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values”;
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics”;
- Initiates and maintains liaison with client to facilitate engineering and construction activities, including assessing scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project;
- Represents Company at bid meetings, project meetings, strategy meetings, etc. as applicable to the project;
- Ensure work performed is in accordance with the design documents;
- Project Submittals;
- Submit RFI’s;
- Perform Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Project Reports;
- Develop and Maintain Project Schedule;
- Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy, including preparing or overseeing complete estimate for selected project with a detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, and contracting;
- Plans, organizes and staffs key positions through operational department heads or subordinate project/construction managers;
- Supervises and/or monitors through administrative direction of engineering and on-site field supervision to ensure project is delivered in accordance with design, budget, and schedule;
- Investigates potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures as necessary;
- Provides technical assistance (i.e., interpretation of drawings) and recommends construction methods and equipment as required;
- Initiates and maintains extra work estimating and issuance of change orders;
- Confirms project billings and collections are current;
- Develops new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, groups of Clients, or geographical area.
Requirements / Preferred Qualifications
- 4-year degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering, or Construction Management with 3+ years of experience; or combination of 8 years job-related experience if no degree;
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; strong negotiation skills;
- Advanced knowledge of construction, design, finance and project management;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and project scheduling software
- Proven track record of bringing projects in on time, on schedule, within budget, and safely;
- Ability to manage occasional heavy workloads with time sensitive deadlines, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting project objectives;
- Demonstrated dependability and self-motivation to work on projects; take initiative to resolve problems; understand resources available and use resources effectively to generate solutions;
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time, prepare complex proposals, and estimate all types and sizes of projects;
A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting buildings and products.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Lay out floorings, roofings or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures
Requirements / Preferred Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience as carpenter
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good understanding of basic math
- Good physical condition and endurance