Pioneer Construction, Inc is a well-established General Contractor with more than 23 years serving the Savannah and Low Country area. We are committed to excellence and looking for like-minded individuals to support the continued growth of the company.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager. Primary responsibilities include providing overall direction and managing multiple projects of any level risk, scope and complexity, usually involving multiple craft disciplines; as well as developing new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, groups of Clients or geographical area. Works independently; subject to policies and general management direction. Provides guidance to lower level PMs on policies and procedures, where applicable. Responsible for budgeting, planning and scheduling, forecasting, collections, financial management, marketing/sales, client relations, and project technical support. Identifies and resolves technical/operational problems on projects. Develops standard operating procedures in line with company objectives.
The Project Manager will be the liaison between our clients and all stakeholders to coordinate project scopes, goals, deliverables and timelines. Proactively coordinate between our client and the owner to manage changes in scope, budget and schedule to ensure that the business value of the project is still achieved. Escalate issues and risks and proactively takes ownership for resolution. Track milestones and deliverables and provide regular status reporting to all levels of stakeholders.
The Project Manager will act as the primary contact for projects and on-going customer relationship. Advocates enhancements and customizations on behalf of the client and supports initiatives by understanding customer’s operations and challenges and recommends solutions, as needed.
- Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values”;
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics”;
- Initiates and maintains liaison with client to facilitate engineering and construction activities, including assessing scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project;
- Represents Company at bid meetings, project meetings, strategy meetings, etc. as applicable to the project;
- Ensure work performed is in accordance with the design documents;
- Project Submittals;
- Submit RFI’s;
- Perform Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Project Reports;
- Develop and Maintain Project Schedule;
- Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy, including preparing or overseeing complete estimate for selected project with a detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, and contracting;
- Plans, organizes and staffs key positions through operational department heads or subordinate project/construction managers;
- Supervises and/or monitors through administrative direction of engineering and on-site field supervision to ensure project is delivered in accordance with design, budget, and schedule;
- Investigates potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures as necessary;
- Provides technical assistance (i.e., interpretation of drawings) and recommends construction methods and equipment as required;
- Initiates and maintains extra work estimating and issuance of change orders;
- Confirms project billings and collections are current;
- Develops new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, groups of Clients, or geographical area.
Requirements / Preferred Qualifications
- 4-year degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering, or Construction Management with 3+ years of experience; or combination of 8 years job-related experience if no degree;
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; strong negotiation skills;
- Advanced knowledge of construction, design, finance and project management;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and project scheduling software
- Proven track record of bringing projects in on time, on schedule, within budget, and safely;
- Ability to manage occasional heavy workloads with time sensitive deadlines, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting project objectives;
- Demonstrated dependability and self-motivation to work on projects; take initiative to resolve problems; understand resources available and use resources effectively to generate solutions;
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time, prepare complex proposals, and estimate all types and sizes of projects;
We are seeking a Receptionist to be responsible for greeting clients and visitors to our office.
To be successful in this role, you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as competency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel. Prior experience as a receptionist is also helpful.
- Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values”.
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics”.
- Greet clients and visitors with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, faxing, filing, taking notes etc.
- Preparing meeting and training rooms.
- Answering phones in a professional manner, and routing calls as necessary.
- Assisting colleagues with administrative tasks.
- Sorting and distributing mail.
- Managing office supplies and ordering
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Scheduling appointments.
Requirements / Preferred Qualifications
- High School Diploma or greater.
- Prior experience as a receptionist or in related field.
- Consistent, professional dress and manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good time management skills.
- Experience with administrative and clerical procedures.
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping out with various tasks as required.